TECHNOLOGY, SOCIETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
DRAWING SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
6.1 Use of AutoCAD
6.2 Drawing Commands
6.3 Modify Commands
6.4 Snap Tools
6.5 Drawing of Class Drawings
7.2 Third Angle Orthographic Projection
7.3 Descriptive Geometry
7.4 Geometrical Solids
7.5 Sectional views
8.1 Oblique Projection
8.2 Isometric Projection
8.3 Perspective Drawing
11.1 Machines at Work
11.2 Mechanical Processes
11.3 Mechanical Engineering Features
11.4 Mechanical Drawing
1. What is Engineering, Graphics & Design?
Engineering Graphics and Design is a communication and management tool that links those who design and plan with those who produce the artifacts and systems. It is used in the design phase to record and develop ideas, and in the manufacturing phase to guide those who do the manufacturing.
- Appreciate the interaction between people’s values and attitudes, society, the environment, human rights and technology.
- Apply the Design Process to solve Civil, Electrical and Mechanical problems analytically and graphically.
- Understand the concepts and knowledge used in Engineering Graphics and Design, and use them responsibly and purposefully in the context of Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Technologies.
- Develop and apply specific skills related to Engineering Graphics and Design.
EGD will equip you to explore more careers than you may expect! It will primarily equip you to become a designer or engineer but interior designers, landscape designers, furniture designers, draughters, architects, inventors, people in the construction industry, surveyors and even EGD educators use the skills that you will learn in this subject.
To become a technician, technologist or engineer you must start with a Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC). This is the school-